51 Tips On Scrapbooking Ideas For Vacations
Exploring the scrapbooking Ideas for vacations is a real fun way to keepsake your cherished memories. It is a way to let your pictures do the talking. When preparing yourself for a vacation, everybody remembers to pack their cameras for the trip but, do you ever think of scrapbooking those memories in your scrapbooking album? Planning a vacation scrapbook makes it easy to recollect and refresh our memories whenever we want. Now, with the advent of internet taking the centre stage in our life, you will never run out of cool scrapbooking ideas to have all your great memories lined up at one place.
Barring the fact whether you are a newbie or an amateur, whether you have ever been creative or not at all near a creative genius; these scrapbooking Ideas for vacations will help you get along and make a super creative scrapbook.
Essential Things On Scrapbooking Ideas For Vacations
Shopping For Your Scrapbooking Album
Almost every one of us is in a habit of planning the vacations well in advance. Buy an album that reflects the theme of your trip. You can prefer to get a location specific album to make it more enticing.
Look for the embellishments to match your album. Choose page elements to blend well with your theme.
Journal Your Trip
Remembering each and every detail of your vacation is a must to design a detailed scrapbook to take you back to the place whenever you open it. Make sure you take a note of each and every attraction of your trip.
Before even leaving for your vacation, make a rough planning of what all kind of photographs you would like to feature in each page of your album. This will make your scrapbooking task easier later and you won’t miss out on pictures too.
Displaying The Mementos
When on your vacation, make sure you save some tickets of which ever place you have been to. Also grab some napkins and menus wherever you can to feature in your scrapbook.
You can easily combine the night and day scenes to make your scrapbook catch attention of every eye. The busy streets of the day and the peaceful night life when combined together will make a great effect.
It is a great idea to frame post cards and journal regarding them in your scrapbook. This is an inexpensive idea to design your scrapbook.
Include Fun And Unique Facts
Catch hold on some of the most unique facts of a particular place. You can include miniature versions of a country’s flag, currency etc.
Appreciate The Adventure
In your scrapbook, do not miss on the details of adventure. Let the people appreciate the detailed adventure. Include all the adventurous expeditions.
Some Handy Tips On Scrapbooking Ideas For Vacations
A guide on scrapbooking Ideas for vacations is always a plus for anyone in love with scrapbooking. We in this guide have presented a lot of Ideas for Scrapbooking Your Vacation and Vacation scrapbooking layouts to get you going.
Now after some scrapbooking ideas, let’s come to some of the tips on Ideas for Scrapbooking Your Vacation
- If typing your journal, select a good font for a funky and a clean look.
- Create photo mats from pattern paper to make your photos speak.
- Keep your journal close to the photo so that it is not lost.
- Present some of your photos in film strips to get more photos on a single page.
- Create maximum breathing space for your photos by keeping embellishments small.
- Cover your scrapbook with a textured material for a lively background.
- Use pegs to attach your photos.
- Start with a white background and make the backgrounds look more appealing by adding a splash of colours at places.
- Treat every page like the master page.
- Match the colour and design of embellishments to the theme.
- If you find the background not appealing, try changing the paper.
- Turn chunks from your old scrapbook into journal tags for this one.
- To create an appealing and ageless photo, change it to black and white one or you might try Sepia.
- If using a variety of photo sizes make sure you ‘frame’ the smaller ones, either with decorated border or purchased frames.
- You can develop the pages from your imperfect pictures.
- If you have a group of photos taken at different times, get them printed in a way to keep the uniformity intact.
- Add rivets to photos for a tacky look to hang some special embellishments purchased in your trip.
- Scrap confidence in your love book. Do not let the negative vibes of a place reflect in your scrapbook.
- You can also use a folk song of a particular place to add it as an inspiration to your page
- Matching the theme of a page to the environment of your vacation spot serves a great purpose too.
- Add culture and artwork in your scrapbook. Display some exclusive items of that particular place. Also you can feature an old library.
- Feature the main stories of that place in pictures.
- Use twine as a tie tag for some memorabilia.
- Give the letters a dimension by outlining them.
- Old atlas display is also a great way to make your travel page perfect.
- Use poems from your travel highlights for journaling.
- Handwrite the title on each page with a wide enough word and letter spacing.
- You can also add a fun spin to your photos by adding catchy headings from your trip.
- You can also use some scrabble pieces from your trip to make a retro style title by pasting those chunks of paper.
- Define the edges of your scrapbook using a fine tip black pen and paste mini flags and currency coins to highlight them.
- You can visit some local shop while on your trip and look for some old music sheets to use as a vintage background for some pages of your scrapbook.
- Tilt your photographs a bit for adding some energy to your scrapbook page.
- Use paper cut outs as a base to feature your photos and to make them the highlight of a particular page.
- To ensure that your main picture stands out amongst the other photos of your vacation, you can try your hands on using decorative or embellished corners for that particular photo.
- Using paper pockets to fill the favourite items from your vacation trip is a great idea.
- Add a different but a themed layout to each page with the main highlight of that page. You can use different orientations to add a dab of variety to your page.
- Adding an antique feel using sand paper and some antique wood pieces or paper to your scrapbook album page featuring the history of a particular place is a great idea too.
- You can use glittered glue to stick some important memorabilia. Make sure you leave your glitter glue for a long time to let it get dried out.
- Match the paper and your photos by creating your own paper designs with the help of different paints.
- You can add maps in some of your pages to describe the trip rather than wording it out.
- Create the unique road-sign blocks from your trip by printing them on a paper cut and then trim them to fit in the edges.
- When you are putting tags from your trip, use more photos with them.
- Feature a pleated ribbon look on the pages displaying the special events of your trip.
- Create a chic look on certain pages for versatility by using flowers and mini plants from your trip.
- Attach twines to your page to make it look playful.
- Spruce up the nature related papers with playful patterns handmade from crayons.
- Using brad in the centre of flowers displayed on a page will make them look great.
- Display your pages as a calendar by putting a small flip calendar pad somewhere on your page.
- Select the matching items specially to make the end of the scrapbook look more interesting. You can put in the pictures of the natives of that particular place and write something about them.
- Also use envelops to feature something precious from your trip.
- Last but not the least; surround yourself with beautiful things while you create your vacation scrapbook.
I am sure; this series of tips for your scrapbooking Ideas for vacations will be easy to use and unique in their own sense. It will help you built a perfect memorabilia for yourself.